Looking for a fun and fast project to keep the kids busy? Or maybe you’re an adult who’s looking for a creative way to relax? Either way, pom pom crafts are the perfect solution! In this blog post, we will provide you with a variety of easy pom pom crafts ideas that are perfect for both kids and adults. We’ll also provide you with instructions on how to make your own pom poms! So, what are you waiting for? Get started today!
17 Pom Poms Decoration Ideas
1. Pom Pom Garland
This is a simple project that you can do with kids. Grab some yarn and wrap it around your hand. Keep wrapping until the pom pom is as big as you want it. Cut the yarn and tie off the end. Trim the pom pom so it’s nice and round. I like how in this video they use a comb to really add some fluff to the pom poms. Attach a piece of string to the top, and you’ve got yourself a pom pom garland! This could be fun in a playroom, a kid’s room, or for party decorations too.
2. Pom Pom Pillow
This is a fun project that you can do with kids or with friends. Cut out two circles from some fabric (you can use a pillowcase or an old shirt), and then sew or hot glue them together. Cut a hole in the center of one of the circles and put the other circle inside it. Stuff the pillow with some fiberfill, and then attach a pom pom to the top.
3. Pom Pom Earrings
These are a fun and easy way to dress up any outfit. Take a small piece of felt and cut it into a circle. Hot glue a pom pom to the center of the felt, and then hot glue a jewelry earring hook, jump ring, etc. to the back.
4. Pom Pom Flowers
These are perfect for springtime crafts. Start by winding some yarn around your fingers to make a small coil. Cut the yarn, and then tie it in the center with another piece of yarn. Trim the ends of the coils so they’re all even, and then fluff them out to form your flower petals. Hot glue a pom pom to the center, and you’re done! Check out this video that demonstrates these steps in a similar fashion. I like the idea of using a fork to help keep everything symmetrical and it’s easier to tie the knot.
5. Pom Pom Animals
These are so much fun to make! You can use any kind of yarn and any size of pom pom to make these. Start by making the body of your animal. For a cat, you would need two medium sized pom poms (one for the head and one for the body). Attach the head to the body with a piece of yarn, and then use hot glue or sewing to attach the legs (four small pom poms) and tail (one small pom pom). For the face, you can use google eyes or embroidery thread.
6. Pom Pom Wreath
This is a great project for fall or winter. Start by wrapping a foam wreath form with yarn. To add the pom poms, simply tie them onto the wreath form with pieces of yarn. You can make this wreath as colorful or as simple as you like.
7. Make a Pom Pom Necklace
You will need:
- 1 skein of worsted weight yarn in your desired color (I used Red Heart Super Saver in “Pale Yellow”)
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 Pom Pom Maker (I used the 2.25″ size)
- Begin by wrapping the yarn around the Pom Pom Maker 3 times.
- Cut the yarn, leaving a long tail.
- Remove the wrapped yarn from the Pom Pom Maker and tie a knot in the middle (I used a basic slip knot).
- Cut two more pieces of yarn, each about 18″ long.
- Thread one of the pieces of yarn through the loop on the Pom Pom Maker, and tie a knot.
- Repeat with the other piece of yarn.
- Trim the Pom Pom to your desired shape and fluff it out.
- To make the necklace, thread the Pom Pom onto a length of yarn or ribbon and tie it off.
8. Make a Pom Pom Bracelet
If you’re looking for a fun and festive way to add some flair to your outfit, look no further than the pom pom bracelet! This simple DIY accessory is easy to make and can be customized to match any outfit. Plus, it’s a great way to use up those leftover yarn scraps. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Yarn in your desired color(s)
- Pom pom maker (optional)
- Start by winding the yarn around one of the arms of the pom pom maker. Wrap it around 40-50 times, or until the center is densely packed with yarn.
- Cut the yarn, leaving a long tail. Use this tail to thread through the other arm of the pom pom maker and tie it off securely.
- Carefully slide the pom pom maker arms apart and trim the yarn around the edge of the pom pom to even it out.
- Now it’s time to add the pom pom to your bracelet! Start by threading the tail of the pom pom through one of the loops on the bracelet. Tie it off securely and repeat with the remaining pom poms.
9. Pom Pom Bag Charm
Making a pom pom bag charm is a fun and easy way to add some personality to your handbag. You’ll need a few basic supplies to get started.
- First, you’ll need some yarn in the color of your choice. Cut a piece of yarn that is about 18 inches long.
- Next, tie one end of the yarn around a large, sturdy needle. Make sure that the knot is tight so that the yarn doesn’t come loose.
- Now, you’ll need to make a loop with the other end of the yarn. This will be used to attach the pom pom to your handbag.
- Thread the needle with the long piece of yarn. Hold the needle in your left hand and use your right hand to wrap the yarn around your fingers. Make sure to wrap the yarn tightly so that it doesn’t come loose.
- Now, use your left hand to pull the loop of yarn tight. This will create a small pom pom on the end of the yarn.
- To finish, cut the yarn about 1 inch from the pom pom. Tie a knot to secure the pom pom in place.
Your pom pom bag charm is now complete! Attach it to your handbag and enjoy your new accessory.
10. Pom Pom Keychain
Making a pom pom keychain is a fun and easy project that can be completed in just a few minutes. You’ll need some basic supplies, including yarn, scissors, and a key ring. Here’s how to get started:
- Cut a piece of yarn about 18 inches long.
- Tie one end of the yarn around the middle of another piece of yarn.
- Wrap the two pieces of yarn around your fingers 10-12 times, making sure the tied end is sticking out in the middle.
- Cut the loops of yarn on either side of your fingers.
- Tie a knot at the top of the loops to secure them.
- Trim the ends of the yarn to create a pom pom shape.
- Attach the pom pom to a key ring and enjoy!
11. Pom Pom Bookmark
Making a pom pom bookmark is a fun and easy way to keep your place in a book. You will need:
- Yarn or ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Card stock or heavy paper
- Create a bookmark template on card stock or heavy paper. Cut out the shape.
- Cut a length of yarn or ribbon about 18 inches long.
- Tie one end of the yarn around the middle of the bookmark template as shown.
- Cut a length of yarn about 30 inches long.
- Wind the yarn around your fingers, holding it taut, until it is thick enough to make a pom pom. The more times you wrap it around your fingers, the fuller the pom pom will be.
- Cut the yarn off your fingers, leaving a long tail.
- Tie the long tail around the center of the wrapped yarn, snugging it tight.
- Cut the loops of yarn at each end of the pom pom.
- Trim the pom pom to shape it, if necessary.
- Hot glue the pom pom to the top of the bookmark template.
- Cut a length of yarn or ribbon about 6 inches long.
- Tie the yarn around the top of the bookmark, as shown, to create a loop for hanging over the spine of the book.
- Trim the ends of the yarn if necessary.
- Enjoy your new bookmark!
12. Make a Pom Pom Phone Case Decoration
Making a pom pom phone case decoration is a fun and easy way to add some personality to your phone. You can use any color or type of pom pom you like, and the possibilities for customization are endless. Here’s how to make your own:
- Gather the supplies you’ll need. In addition to pom poms, you’ll need a hot glue gun and some glue sticks.
- Decide on the design for your phone case. You can make a simple band of pom poms around the edge of the case or get creative with a more intricate pattern. Sketch out your design on paper first if you like.
- Glue the pom poms in place. Working one at a time, glue the pom poms to the phone case (with the phone not in the case) using the hot glue gun. Make sure they’re securely attached so they don’t fall off over time.
- Let the glue dry completely. Once all of the pom poms are glued in place, set the phone case aside and let the glue dry completely.
- Enjoy your new phone case! Your pom pom phone case is now ready to use. Show it off to all your friends and family – they’re sure to be impressed with your handiwork.
13. Decorate a Picture Frame
Use pom poms to decorate a picture frame. This is a great way to add a pop of color to any room. Simply glue the pom poms around the edge of the frame.
14. Pom Pom Rabbit
What a cute idea! This is one you’re not going to want to miss! Get your supplies ready and follow along with this easy tutorial. To complete this design, you’ll need: yarn of your color choice, felt that matches your yarn, pink felt for the ears, transparent thread, hot glue gun, hot glue, cardboard, 2 black beads, 1 pink bead, and scissors.
15. Pom Pom Rug
Make a pom pom rug. This is a great project for a kids’ room or playroom. You’ll need a piece of felt, some hot glue, and plenty of pom poms. Simply glue the pom poms to the felt in any design you like.
Use pom poms to decorate a notebook. This is a great way to add some personality to your school supplies. Simply glue pom poms around the edge of a notebook. Or in any design you’d like. You can even add just one to make it pop.
17. Pom Pom Mushrooms
This will be a little harder than some of the pom poms we saw. But once you get the hang of making pom poms then it’s fun to make it a little bit more challenging for yourself with a design with multiple colors and by adding more features as well.
I never knew until I tried making pom poms how easy they were to make. Plus, it’s a fun, quick, and easy craft for all ages. Share your pom pom with us @justcraftingaround_com on Instagram and by #justcraftingaround on Facebook (justcraftingaround.com) or Instagram.