It’s that time of year again, when it’s time to begin thinking about present ideas. We’ve got the ideal project for you if you’re searching for a fun and easy DIY project. In this blog article, we’ll show you how to turn a gum wrapper into a heart. This is an excellent project for children or adults and only takes a few minute.
Making a heart out of a gum wrapper is simple and only requires a few materials.
For this project you’ll need:
- a piece of gum
- gum wrapper
First, take the piece of gum and roll it into a ball.
Next, flatten the ball into a disc shape.
Then, cut the gum wrapper into thin strips.
Tape two of the strips together, making sure they are overlapping slightly.
Then place them around the disc-shaped gum and push the top of the circle inward to create the top of the heart shape and you’re done!
Another Way to Make a Heart Out of a Gum Wrapper
1. Start with a square gum wrapper. I cut my rectangle gum wrapper in half to do so.
2. Fold both of the bottom edges toward each other to create a triangle shape.
3. Cut a slit in the middle at the top of the gum wrapper, halfway down.
4. Now fold the top sides over to also create a triangle on each side.
5. Fold the top edges over to create the final heart shape.
6. Fold the top points of the heart down on both sides.
There you have it! Your very own heart-shaped gum wrapper. Enjoy!
There are many ways to create heart shaped gum wrappers. Check out these videos on how they created theirs with only the gum wrapper and some folding techniques.
That’s a Wrap!
Next time you find yourself with a gum wrapper you must try out this fun and easy idea. There’s multiple ways to do so. Which is great, since there are so many gum wrappers in a pack.
I’m a stay at home mom with our two kids. I really enjoy doing crafts with my kids however, that is typically a challenge with how limited their attention span can be and how messy it gets. So, I’m always looking for ways to make crafting an enjoyable experience and creating fond memory for all of us.